Yusen Terminals Inc.
ISO 14001 Certified since 2003
NYK Group Green Policy
1. We, the NYK Group, adopt responsible practices with due regard to the environmental impacts of our corporate activities. We set and continually review objectives and targets for achieving our goal to protect our entire global environment
2. We seek not only to comply with safety and environmental regulations but also to implement in-house standards to improve our environmental performance and prevent pollution.
3. We commit ourselves to the safe operation of all our logistics services via sea, land, and air transport modes, including not only our oceangoing vessels but also our waterfront, inland, and air transport services, as well as terminal and warehouse operations.
4. We seek to reduce environmental loads by efficiently using resources, saving energy, reducing waste, encouraging material recycling, and particularly by minimizing emissions of greenhouse gases, ozone-depleting substances, and toxic matter.
5. We endeavor to minimize environmental loads and adopt environmentally friendly technologies when ordering and purchasing necessary resources, such as vessels and aircraft, for transportation services and cargo operations.
6. We endeavor to use education programs to raise environmental awareness among our employees and to ensure that they recognize the essence of this Green Policy by actively addressing environmental concerns.
7. We make wide-ranging social contributions in close partnership with local communities by disclosing environmental information and supporting environmental conservation initiatives.
July 26, 2011 - Yusen Terminals Receives Third Clean Air Action Plan Award
YTI was recognized with its third CAAP award. The 2011 award recognizes YTI for its "innovative operations that improve air quality. "YTI demonstrates its commitment to the environment through efficient operations that include automated gates and restructured traffic flow patterns. YTI receiced CAAP awards in 2008 for use of "innovative air quality improvement technologies," and again in 2009 for "air quality improvement leadership at the corporate level ."
NYK, YTI's parent company, was also recognized in 2011 for its "significant early action to reduce air pollutant emissions" through its early compliance with California Air Pollution Control laws. In 2010, NYK containerships reduced nitrous oxide and particulate matter emissions through the use of shoreside electric power while at berth.
1 The CAAP Air Quality Awards Program is an annual program that permits the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles the opportunity to acknowledge achievements of port tenants and operators who demonstrate a strong commitment to improving air quality at facilities within the ports. There are four awards: Air Quality Improvement Leadership at the Corporate Level, Innovative Air Quality Improvement Technologies, Innovative Operations that Improve Air Quality, and Significant Early Action to Reduce Air Pollutant Emissions.
- YTI Live Solar Generation
- NYK Line Website
- NYK Line Environmental Activities
- NYK Tokyo Uses Solar
- NYK CSR Report